Tuesday, November 18

Stories From The Gym - "Don't Go In There"

OK. First an update: I should let you know that since the "Stability Ball Incident", I have not seen "Ms. H". However, some other characters have rolled through our double doors it seems...

It's no secret that there are some seriously interesting individuals who use our gym. Realistically speaking, anytime you have a large community of people, there are bound to be a couple of us who are interesting right?

Currently the room where trainers usually throw/stuff/pile their things is under construction--which is a BIG, HUGE deal (things literally take 6-9 months to get done when working within a corporate setting). Back to it--now that our closet-sized room, where approx. 16 people store their things is being renovated, we are condemned to using the women's and men's locker rooms. Now... don't get me wrong here--many believe that it's a privilege to be able to put our lowly things there--but I say I'd rather have my renovated closet. Here's why:

The locker room, though clean, large, and nicely decorated, is a strange an awkward place filled with lots of naked people conducting many, very common, naked-rituals. These rituals include, but are not limited to: blow drying or flat ironing hair when naked, air drying ones genitals with the use of a swinging towel--while naked, make-up application while naked, etc. These are things that one simply gets used to. And if one does not enjoy or feel comfortable being around these rituals... well one puts their head down, grabs their bag as quickly as possible and then makes a bee-line for the door. But here is my question: what does one do when someone falls far beyond the norm?

Today Portugal informed me that such an occurance happened two nights ago and I was AGAST with utter shock! hah a haha ...wait for it... Portugal told me that one of his clients, after a long and sweaty training session, innocently entered the locker room expecting the norm--lots of older women fanning their crotches with towels--but was completely taken aback when she looked over to observe a women CHANGING HER TAMPON in the middle of the change room amidst rush hour traffic...

please pause to think about this... I did.

During my pause I wondered, was she simply inserting a new tampon? After I paused, I asked outloud, but to my fear, the woman was indeed employed in the public removal and insertion of tampons.

Who the HECK does that?

Excuse my American... but honestly! I am a woman. I get it. But that is sick! What if it splattered, what if it got on her hand and then on the locker? what if... you get where I'm going with this right?

I wish I would have been there--I would have DEFINITELY... DEFINITELY, in the politest way possible--using absolutely no
American langu whatsoever, told that woman exactly where to go; the washroom.


Until next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omFg...that is SICK.

Lil'J said...

i KNOW right? who does that? Would you have said anything to that person if you saw that?

Citizen S said...

Gross! Not a cool thing to do in public! That's massively unhygenic. I mean BARF.