Sunday, November 2

...got hope?

A friend today said: "have faith woman!", as yet again I began to babble about a stolen election, riots, maybe even martial law come Wednesday.

Am I hopelessly pessimistic? Why can't I seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel? Why aren't I drunk with Blue-State Giddiness knowing that Obama is ahead in the polls? Well it could be one of two things: because I'm currently listening to Deathcab for Cutie... or, because I've been hoping for a long time now that people would wake-up and take it to the streets. Impeach a couple of neocons, fight to end the war(s), make sure our government is doing the right thing, wake up from the consumerist-coma we've been in for the past 10 years...

We haven't awoken yet.

I hope with all of my heart that I am wrong. Dead wrong. I hope Barack Obama becomes the next President of the United States. That he fights for human rights, peace, equality--all of the great things he has been promising for the past year that he's been campaigning...

On Tuesday night, I will watch, with hopeful-faithfulness (a Bushism I think), as the USA elects its next president.

So, here's to having a little bit of faith...and a nice, cold beer while I'm at it!

If you too are having trouble staying hopeful, Check this out...

Cheers,
E

No comments: