Tuesday, November 18

...the process now begins...

After EXACTLY 2 years and 1 day--the Canadian government is finally beginning it's long awaited deportation process. My partner and I arrived here 2 years ago and since then have been working extremely hard digging, digging, digging....and digging more roots. Today I received a letter from the Canadian government kindly asking me to pick up my paperwork (which I must file through my lawyer) to prepare for a possible deportation in the near future.

Whether or not I will get to remain in Canada, live peacefully with my partner, continue to work and live amongst my friends is still quite undecided...

I'll keep you posted as the process now begins.

1 comment:

Citizen S said...

That must be nerve-racking. I have something for you to listen to... let's see if I can find it. It's an interview with Tom Hayden and he talks about the deportation issue.
http://tinyurl.com/6ekast
That should download it. He doesn't really get to the issue until about halfway into it. Maybe it will help to listen to it, but I hope things turn out good for you.