Tuesday, October 14

Very Cool Discovery - an indie lovers fitness dream!

I'm quite proud that I discovered something so cool. Obviously I'm sure that others have found it first, but if you learn about this through me, it's good enough to pass on.

There is a podcast I recently started listening to called "The Cadence Revolution". And since I happen to be a gym-rat... in more ways than one, I have become addicted to this podcast. It's an hour plus of fast, upbeat music that is original, unique, and talks about REAL SHIT kids... you can't get much better than that.

Here are some other reasons why it's amazing:

1) IT'S FREE
2) It's created by independent artists from all over the world--NYC, India, you name it.
3) The music is created with the intention of the listener working out to it--so it's fast paced, but it can also be used as a pre-made party soundtrack
4) The lyrics are fantastic--the artists talk about very real things, here is an excerpt from the first song off of show #85: (<-- to take a listen, click there)

"damn you hollywood you got me good,
you made me think that i understood,
people and places that don't exist,
do not tremble in my way cause i'm shaking my fist at you,
none of these memories are mine, you put them in my mind..."

CHORUS: "we need to work it out, out from what we've seen,
seeing that the story's not the story of the screen,
this technicolor mess, well it's not what you came for!

It's delicious! and i love it! Here's the info:

Website: www.TheCadenceRevolution.com
Podcast URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/CadenceRevolution

You should give it a listen. It's a very cool discovery!

E